Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default INVENTORY STOCK COUNT

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the stock inventory of items in my company. I have
imported data from access into excel and attemting to calculate the stock
increase and decrease value.

Eg

CURRENT STOCK = 200
ITEM SHIPPED OUT = 20

CURRENT STOCK = 220

ITEM SHIPPED IN = 100
CURRENT STOCK = 120

It should change according to the qty shipped our or shipped in and should
show current inventory stock for each item in excel.

Can anyone please help with the formula to be used for the same.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

assuming that all data is entered as positive values, and with
A1 =Opening stock
B1 =Shipped Out
C1 =Shipped In
D1 =Current Stock

In D2
=A1-B1+C1

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"vandy" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to calculate the stock inventory of items in my company. I
have
imported data from access into excel and attemting to calculate the
stock
increase and decrease value.

Eg

CURRENT STOCK = 200
ITEM SHIPPED OUT = 20

CURRENT STOCK = 220

ITEM SHIPPED IN = 100
CURRENT STOCK = 120

It should change according to the qty shipped our or shipped in and
should
show current inventory stock for each item in excel.

Can anyone please help with the formula to be used for the same.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Roger,

The current stock does not show the correct value after 3 to 4 entries of
out and in.

Does D2 hold the current stock now.

for eg. Current stock is 100
A B C D
opening stock in out current stock

100 80 0 180

I GET THIS RESULT WHEN I ENTER THE VALUE IN AS 40. I SHOULD BE GETTING
160+40 = 200 AS AGAINST 140 SINCE ITS ADDING THE CURRENT VALUE OF OPENING
STOCK 100.

The current stock has to keep the updated value of opening stock after every
transaction i dont believe this is happening.

KINDLY ADVISE .
THANKS A TON.
VANDY
shipped out

"vandy" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to calculate the stock inventory of items in my company. I
have
imported data from access into excel and attemting to calculate the
stock
increase and decrease value.

Eg

CURRENT STOCK = 200
ITEM SHIPPED OUT = 20

CURRENT STOCK = 220

ITEM SHIPPED IN = 100
CURRENT STOCK = 120

It should change according to the qty shipped our or shipped in and
should
show current inventory stock for each item in excel.

Can anyone please help with the formula to be used for the same.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In D2 =A2+B2-C2
In D3 =IF(AND(B3="",C3=""),"",D2+B3-C3)
Copy from D3 down as far as needed

"vandy" wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the stock inventory of items in my company. I have
imported data from access into excel and attemting to calculate the stock
increase and decrease value.

Eg

CURRENT STOCK = 200
ITEM SHIPPED OUT = 20

CURRENT STOCK = 220

ITEM SHIPPED IN = 100
CURRENT STOCK = 120

It should change according to the qty shipped our or shipped in and should
show current inventory stock for each item in excel.

Can anyone please help with the formula to be used for the same.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I made a hash of that didn't I!!!

D2 should have been
=IF(COUNT(B2:C2)<1,"",A2+B2-C2)

A3 should be =D2
D3 should be =IF(COUNT(B3:C3)<1,"",A3+B3-C3)
Copy A3:D3 down the page as far as required

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"vandy" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to calculate the stock inventory of items in my
company. I
have
imported data from access into excel and attemting to calculate the
stock
increase and decrease value.

Eg

CURRENT STOCK = 200
ITEM SHIPPED OUT = 20

CURRENT STOCK = 220

ITEM SHIPPED IN = 100
CURRENT STOCK = 120

It should change according to the qty shipped our or shipped in and
should
show current inventory stock for each item in excel.

Can anyone please help with the formula to be used for the same.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much for your replies . They are great but I still have a
problem. The formula works perfectly if there is only one item and we want to
increase and decrease the stock value but the current scenario is:
A B C D E
item opening stock shipped out shipped in current stock
item a 100 20 0 80
2nd transaction 0 40 120
item b
item c
item d
item e

I have ONLY CELL C3 AND D3 TO INPUT DATA AND I THINK E3 should keep updating
itself to reflect the data for c3 and d3. I have to do in a single line each
time and the result to be reflected in current stock.

I have to do this for each of the other items. Am i complicating things or
is there any easy way to go about this.

thanks a ton and I appreciate your help answers.any advise.

vandy
"vandy" wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the stock inventory of items in my company. I have
imported data from access into excel and attemting to calculate the stock
increase and decrease value.

Eg

CURRENT STOCK = 200
ITEM SHIPPED OUT = 20

CURRENT STOCK = 220

ITEM SHIPPED IN = 100
CURRENT STOCK = 120

It should change according to the qty shipped our or shipped in and should
show current inventory stock for each item in excel.

Can anyone please help with the formula to be used for the same.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with my query. i havent been able to decrease and
increase my stock qty using the formulas given. It works perfectly for a
single line item but i hav got more than 20 items per sheet and wanted to
just add the shipped out and shipped in qty and have the current stock
change. I think i have to use circular reference can any one help me out.

thanks in advance
vandy

"vandy" wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the stock inventory of items in my company. I have
imported data from access into excel and attemting to calculate the stock
increase and decrease value.

Eg

CURRENT STOCK = 200
ITEM SHIPPED OUT = 20

CURRENT STOCK = 220

ITEM SHIPPED IN = 100
CURRENT STOCK = 120

It should change according to the qty shipped our or shipped in and should
show current inventory stock for each item in excel.

Can anyone please help with the formula to be used for the same.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

If you do away with having entries in your opening stock column, and
just make then entries in Shipping in,
and if you list your 20 product names in cells E1:X1

then in cell E2

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$1000=E$1)*($D$2:$D$100))
-SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$1000=E$1)*($C$2:$C$1000))
and copy across through F2:X2
--
Regards

Roger Govier