Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to execute a formula copied into an excel cell

Hi,

in cell(Q9) i have used a formula -"= COUNTA($C$17:$C$47)"
now in the range c17 to c47 i am writing string values though I keep some
cells in between blank. I want the cell(q9) to display the total number of
cells having data. But it displays "0" always. I need to select the cell and
hit and enter/return to get the correct answer. Whts this problem, can u plz
hlp me?

regards,
kaustav