Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Protecting a worksheet within a workbook

I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets in it. The last worksheet is an
ordering form and I do not care for anyone to view it, but I definitely do
not want anyone to change the formuals or information inside this one
worksheet.

How can I protect this one worksheet from anyone going in and changing
information?

Thank you,
Angela
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Follow the Excel menu path TOOLS / PROTECTION / PROTECT SHEET. Then complete
the options that you want. Remember you have to ensure the cells are LOCKED
or they won't be protected even if you do these steps. You select cells as
LOCKED via the Excel menu path FORMAT / CELLS and go to the PROTECTION tab
and choose LOCKED.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Bill Horton

"Angela" wrote:

I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets in it. The last worksheet is an
ordering form and I do not care for anyone to view it, but I definitely do
not want anyone to change the formuals or information inside this one
worksheet.

How can I protect this one worksheet from anyone going in and changing
information?

Thank you,
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Angela

Hide the sheet with formatsheethide then ToolsProtectionProtect Workbook
with a password.

Note: Excel's internal(worksheet and workbook) protection is not very secure and
many password crackers abound on the Internet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:30:00 -0800, Angela
wrote:

I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets in it. The last worksheet is an
ordering form and I do not care for anyone to view it, but I definitely do
not want anyone to change the formuals or information inside this one
worksheet.

How can I protect this one worksheet from anyone going in and changing
information?

Thank you,
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

William,

This worked great.

Thank you for your help,
Angela

"Angela" wrote:

I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets in it. The last worksheet is an
ordering form and I do not care for anyone to view it, but I definitely do
not want anyone to change the formuals or information inside this one
worksheet.

How can I protect this one worksheet from anyone going in and changing
information?

Thank you,
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord,

Thank you for the information and I cannot hide the sheet because of
information that others must see but your information was very helpful.

Thank you,
Angela

wrote:

I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets in it. The last worksheet is an
ordering form and I do not care for anyone to view it, but I definitely do
not want anyone to change the formuals or information inside this one
worksheet.

How can I protect this one worksheet from anyone going in and changing
information?

Thank you,
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But how does that prevent anyone from "viewing the sheet" as you originally
stated you wanted?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 03:22:01 -0800, Angela
wrote:

William,

This worked great.

Thank you for your help,
Angela

"Angela" wrote:

I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets in it. The last worksheet is an
ordering form and I do not care for anyone to view it, but I definitely do
not want anyone to change the formuals or information inside this one
worksheet.

How can I protect this one worksheet from anyone going in and changing
information?

Thank you,
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess I misunderstood the part where I saw " I do not care for anyone to view
it"

You must have meant "I do not care if anyone views it".

Gord