Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Autumn Dreams

Default Copy Worksheet from one Workbook to another Workbook

How do I copy a Worksheet from one Workbook to another Workbook without
referencing the orginal Workbook in the formulas? I would like to copy the
entire Worksheet without any reference to the original Workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelent

open both workbooks
rightclick on the sheettab u want to copy
select move or copy
checkout the copy box
select destination in dropdown menu
ok
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Autumn Dreams

Thank you. This will work for new workbooks. However how do I copy it to an
existing workbook. I found this answer on the site, however when I tried it
to copy to an existing workbook, the only option in the dropdown memu was
"new book" and the destination of the original workbook.

"excelent" wrote:

open both workbooks
rightclick on the sheettab u want to copy
select move or copy
checkout the copy box
select destination in dropdown menu
ok

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You'll only see workbooks that are open in that session.

So open that other workbook first, and you'll be fine.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am able to do that part...... But what if I want to only copy the formulas
of everything in the workbook. I have a workbook with 50 worksheets in it
for the previous year. Now, I want to create one for the new year, but do
not want to delete everything and start over from scratch. 50 worksheets is
a lot of editing.

So, is there a way to create a new workbook for next year that contain all
of the information from the other workbook that would contain only the
formulas?

"excelent" wrote:

open both workbooks
rightclick on the sheettab u want to copy
select move or copy
checkout the copy box
select destination in dropdown menu
ok

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click on a sheet tab in your book and "select all sheets"

Select all cells in the active sheet.

F5SpecialConstants.

De-select "Text" so's you keep tiles etc. then OK

EditClearContents

Formulas and text cells will remain.

Right-click on the sheet tab and "ungroup sheets".

FileSaveAs...................new year

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP