cyndi

Default Can not copy a worksheet to another workbook

Hi,
I am currently using Excel 2003, I have a 3.11mb file with about 20
worksheets, this file has been around much longer than I have. Every month I
would copy 4 worksheets to another workbook. This month I am no longer able
to do this, I right click the tab, and choose move or copy, and choose the
workbook, and check create a copy, nothing will happen, it does not matter if
I right click on the worksheet tab or use the Edit menu. It will let me move
the worksheet, but it will not allow me to copy it. I got an error message
on named ranges (saying they already exist) when I moved it to a new workbook
and then tried to copy it back to the orginal, I looked at the name ranges,
and there had to be over 50 of them, I don't need them, so I deleted them
all, expect one. it will not allow me to delete it, and it is refering to a
workbook that no longer exist, before the name of the range it has to square
boxes, I can not rename or deleted it, I dont know if this has anything to
do with not being to copy the workbook.
Please help if you can
Thanks
Dave Peterson

My only direct involvement with a corrupted workbook started this way. I could
move worksheets, but not copy them.

I ended up rebuilding my workbook (ouch--not an easy task).

I think I would give serious thought to starting that. If the workbook is
corrupted, someday, you may not be able to even open it.

But as a temporary workaround, just open both workbooks, move the 4 sheets to
the other workbook and close the giant workbook without saving.

When I did this, I was using xl2002 at home and xl97 (or xl2k) at work. I
brought the troublesome workbook home and it appeared that opening in xl2002 and
saving there cleared up the problem. But after a few attempts at work, the
problem was back.

I didn't use this, but lots of people have said that it has saved them heartache
and pain:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

Maybe it'll help you.

--