Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumif function by colors

Is there a way that I can sum up cells in column A by colors? For example,
suppose I have a list of numbers in cells A1:A15. Cells A1, A3, A5, and A10
are colored light yellow. I would like to see a number in cell B1 that sums
up all cells in A1:A15 that are colored light yellow.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How did the cells attain their color?

If by Conditional Formatting simply sumif on that condition.

If colored manually, you will need VBA User Defined Function to sumif by color.

See Chip Pearson's site for info and code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP