Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Worksheet Formula

I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. I need to have the data that populates
lets say field C8 in all 100 worksheets in my Log Sheet. How can I copy this
down the rows in my log sheet and have the formula change to each sheet.

An example would be:
=+001!C8
=+002!C8
=+003!C8

Thanks
Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming that the formula will be entered in A2, and copied down, try...

=INDIRECT(TEXT(ROWS($A$2:A2),"000")&"!C8")

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Kelly wrote:

I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. I need to have the data that populates
lets say field C8 in all 100 worksheets in my Log Sheet. How can I copy this
down the rows in my log sheet and have the formula change to each sheet.

An example would be:
=+001!C8
=+002!C8
=+003!C8

Thanks
Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but if you type =sum( and the shift
click the last sheet and then the cell you want to sum e.g. C8 andclose ) it
will sum C8 for all of the pages.

-John

"Kelly" wrote:

I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. I need to have the data that populates
lets say field C8 in all 100 worksheets in my Log Sheet. How can I copy this
down the rows in my log sheet and have the formula change to each sheet.

An example would be:
=+001!C8
=+002!C8
=+003!C8

Thanks
Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks!! That's just what I needed! You saved me a lot of work. I have
several of the same type workbooks with the same amount of worksheets in them
and this is going to be the best thing since slice bread!!