Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default linking a formula with different worksheet

I have a worksheet created that has "D" to represent Dayshift and "N" to
represent the nightshift. I would like to create a formula in the total cell
on the nightshift worksheet that would indicate the total for both worksheets
that have any nightshift personnel. Here is the formula I have for the total
on both worksheets: countif(B5:B48,"N")*1 Now how do I add the night shift
on the other worksheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Godzflava --

The easiest way is to add a similar expression, just selecting the cells on
the other worksheet as you go. You'll probably end up with something like:

=countif(B5:B48,"N")*1+COUNTIF('OtherSheet'!B4:B48 ,"N")*1

HTH

"godzflava" wrote:

I have a worksheet created that has "D" to represent Dayshift and "N" to
represent the nightshift. I would like to create a formula in the total cell
on the nightshift worksheet that would indicate the total for both worksheets
that have any nightshift personnel. Here is the formula I have for the total
on both worksheets: countif(B5:B48,"N")*1 Now how do I add the night shift
on the other worksheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried COUNTIF(B5:B36,"N")*1+COUNTIF(DAY!B5:B48,"N")*1
AND i TRIED COUNTIF(B5:B36,"N")+COUNTIF(DAY!B5:B48,"N") AND i TRIED
COUNTIF(NIGHT!B5:B36,"N")+COUNTIF(DAY!B5:B48,"N") AND ITS STILL NOT COUNTING
THE ONES ON THE DAY WORKSHEET.
HELP!

"godzflava" wrote:

I have a worksheet created that has "D" to represent Dayshift and "N" to
represent the nightshift. I would like to create a formula in the total cell
on the nightshift worksheet that would indicate the total for both worksheets
that have any nightshift personnel. Here is the formula I have for the total
on both worksheets: countif(B5:B48,"N")*1 Now how do I add the night shift
on the other worksheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Godzflava --

Here's my formula, which works fine. (I didn't make the list as long on
either worksheet, but that wouldn't affect whether it picked up the data or
not.)

=COUNTIF(B5:B30,"n")+COUNTIF(Day!B5:B30,"n")

You'll note I didn't multiply the counts by 1, but that shouldn't make a
difference either. If you're still having a problem, then paste your actual
formula into the response and we'll take a look at it.