Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find Inactive

I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. The first worksheet is a Pivot table with Rows "CustomerID", Column "SalesRep" and the data is Sales for 2006. The second spreadsheet is Customer Master file with "CustomerID" and "SalesRep". I want to find out which customer did not buy during 2006. I am looking for a formula to produce minimal data. The Customer Master is 3000 rows, while the Pivot table has only 932 rows. Any help is truly appreciated.

Krish
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Krish,

One way to do it is to add a column to your master data, here I put it in
column C
and in cell c2
=IF(countif(Pivot!A:A,A2)0,"Sales","No Sales")
and copy it down all the master record rows
put a title in the c1 as "Sales"
then use auto filter and select 'No Sales' for column c.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock

I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. The first worksheet is a Pivot table with Rows "CustomerID", Column "SalesRep" and the data is Sales for 2006. The second spreadsheet is Customer Master file with "CustomerID" and "SalesRep". I want to find out which customer did not buy during 2006. I am looking for a formula to produce minimal data. The Customer Master is 3000 rows, while the Pivot table has only 932 rows. Any help is truly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use advanced filter, set the criteria to sales date zero.
"Krish дµÀ£º
"
I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. The first worksheet is a Pivot table with Rows "CustomerID", Column "SalesRep" and the data is Sales for 2006. The second spreadsheet is Customer Master file with "CustomerID" and "SalesRep". I want to find out which customer did not buy during 2006. I am looking for a formula to produce minimal data. The Customer Master is 3000 rows, while the Pivot table has only 932 rows. Any help is truly appreciated.

Krish
------=_NextPart_000_008C_01C713FD.35636AF0

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
<HTML<HEAD
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.3790.2759" name=GENERATOR
<STYLE</STYLE
</HEAD
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff
<DIV<FONT face=Arial size=2I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets.. The first
worksheet is a Pivot table with Rows "CustomerID", Column "SalesRep" and the
data is Sales for 2006. The second spreadsheet is Customer Master file&nbsp;
with "CustomerID" and "SalesRep". I want to find out which customer did not buy
during 2006. I am looking for a formula to produce minimal data. The Customer
Master is 3000 rows, while the Pivot table has only 932 rows. Any help is truly
appreciated.</FONT</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=Arial size=2</FONT&nbsp;</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=Arial size=2Krish</FONT</DIV</BODY</HTML

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01C713FD.35636AF0--

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another way is to do it at source.

In your source data add another column and call it 2006 Sales

Assuming your data has dates in col A and customer in column B, then in your
new column use a formulas such as:-

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$1000=B2),--(YEAR($A$2:$A$1000)=2006))0

and copy down.

This will give you a TRUE/FALSE against each record as to whether or not
they had a purchase in 2006.

Now simply drag that field into the page fields and select FALSE.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

----------

I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. The first worksheet is a Pivot table with Rows "CustomerID", Column "SalesRep" and the data is Sales for 2006. The second spreadsheet is Customer Master file with "CustomerID" and "SalesRep". I want to find out which customer did not buy during 2006. I am looking for a formula to produce minimal data. The Customer Master is 3000 rows, while the Pivot table has only 932 rows. Any help is truly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could add a formula in a column on the Customer Master sheet.

For example, with customer names in column B:

=IF(COUNTIF('PivotSheet'!C:C,A2),"","Inactive")

would check for matching customer names in the pivot table (column C)

Krish wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. The first worksheet is a Pivot
table with Rows "CustomerID", Column "SalesRep" and the data is Sales
for 2006. The second spreadsheet is Customer Master file with
"CustomerID" and "SalesRep". I want to find out which customer did not
buy during 2006. I am looking for a formula to produce minimal data. The
Customer Master is 3000 rows, while the Pivot table has only 932 rows.
Any help is truly appreciated.

Krish

--
Debra Dalgleish