Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Weissme

Default find minimum of range based on multiple criteria

I have about 6 columns of data, but only 3 are important in what I'm
trying to find. Here is an example of my spreadsheet:

Score FY Awarded
131 2001 1
145 2001 1
120 2001 0
256 2002 0
344 2002 1
138 2002 1
111 2002 0

Rows 5 through 49 have these data.

etc... up until FY 2006. The data are assorted by FY ascending. 1 in
the Award column means it was awarded, 0 means it wasn't. I want to
find a formula, if possible, that will find the minimum score that was
awarded in each FY. I was able to do it with this:
=DMIN($F$5:$K$49,"Score",F1:K2) where the criteria are "=2001" or
whichever FY I am interested in and "0" for the FY column. But, this
is messy because I have to either set up several database headers, or
manually go in and change whichever FY I am searching for. Clearly I
can do this all manually, but I want to find a formula where all I have
to do is change the FY in the formula to get my result. I've also been
trying things like:

=MINA(IF((AND($H$6:$K$49=2001,$K$6:$K$491)),$F$6: $F$49))

Thoughts? Is what I'm trying to do even possible? Or should I just go
in and do it all manually...

Thanks in advance

--
Weissme
Weissme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34044

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=MIN(IF(($H$6:$K$49=2001)*($K$6:$K$49=1),$F$6:$F$4 9))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Weissme" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Weissme

Hi, Thanks! I will try that, but I also found that this works:

{=MIN(IF($K$6:$K$49=1,IF($H$6:$H$49=O10,$F$6:$F$49 )))}

Most exciting triumph of my day I think.

Thanks again!

--
Weissme
Weissme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34044