Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conversion seconds into minutes/hours

I have a telephone-report that gives me the number of seconds each
conversation has taken. I want to convert these seconds in a hh:mm:ss format.
Is there a function or a formula available in Excel that can do that?

Tnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put 86400 in a spare cell and copy it.

Select your range
Goto EditPasteSpecial and click Divide
OK

Format the cells as time, and claer the cell with 86400 in it

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Willem" wrote in message
I have a telephone-report that gives me the number of seconds each
conversation has taken. I want to convert these seconds in a hh:mm:ss

format.
Is there a function or a formula available in Excel that can do that?

Tnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1/24/60/60, Format as [hh]:mm:ss

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Willem" wrote in message ...
|I have a telephone-report that gives me the number of seconds each
| conversation has taken. I want to convert these seconds in a hh:mm:ss format.
| Is there a function or a formula available in Excel that can do that?
|
| Tnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Seconds in A2, the following formula will convert
=A2/60/60/24

Format as [h]:mm:ss

Steve