-   -   conversion seconds into minutes/hours (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/119820-conversion-seconds-into-minutes-hours.html)

Willem

conversion seconds into minutes/hours

I have a telephone-report that gives me the number of seconds each
conversation has taken. I want to convert these seconds in a hh:mm:ss format.
Is there a function or a formula available in Excel that can do that?

Tnx

Bob Phillips

conversion seconds into minutes/hours

Put 86400 in a spare cell and copy it.

Select your range
Goto EditPasteSpecial and click Divide
OK

Format the cells as time, and claer the cell with 86400 in it

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Willem" wrote in message
I have a telephone-report that gives me the number of seconds each
conversation has taken. I want to convert these seconds in a hh:mm:ss

format.
Is there a function or a formula available in Excel that can do that?

Tnx

Niek Otten

conversion seconds into minutes/hours

=A1/24/60/60, Format as [hh]:mm:ss

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Willem" wrote in message ...
|I have a telephone-report that gives me the number of seconds each
| conversation has taken. I want to convert these seconds in a hh:mm:ss format.
| Is there a function or a formula available in Excel that can do that?
|
| Tnx

SteveW

conversion seconds into minutes/hours

Seconds in A2, the following formula will convert
=A2/60/60/24

Format as [h]:mm:ss

Steve

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:21:24 -0000, Willem
wrote:

I have a telephone-report that gives me the number of seconds each
conversation has taken. I want to convert these seconds in a hh:mm:ss
format.
Is there a function or a formula available in Excel that can do that?

Tnx

Willem

conversion seconds into minutes/hours

seeing your solutions makes me small......
thanks a lot!