Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate call cost in seconds

Hi: This is giving me a headache. I have time formatted as hh:mm:ss, the
data contains entries with minutes and seconds and just seconds. I need to
multiply the number of seconds of each call by the number of calls to arrive
at number of seconds then take the number of seconds and multiply by $.02 to
determine the total cost. Everything I try gives me strange results, the
numbers don't look right. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Sheri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Sheri" wrote in message
Hi: This is giving me a headache. I have time formatted as hh:mm:ss, the
data contains entries with minutes and seconds and just seconds. I need
multiply the number of seconds of each call by the number of calls to
arrive
at number of seconds then take the number of seconds and multiply by $.02
determine the total cost. Everything I try gives me strange results, the
numbers don't look right. Can anyone help?

If you've got A1 formatted as hh:mm:ss, then =A1*24*3600 will give you time
in seconds, and you can multiply that by number of calls, and by your cost
per second.
--
David Biddulph