Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table Problem

Hi All

I have set up a sheet to deal with some orders. I have used one row per
order, and created columns for up to five items, with Item Code, Qty
and Total repeated 5 times.

When I do a pivot table to try and summarise some of this info it
considered these 5 things separately, so I cannot calculate the number
of times an item has been orderd as it counds Item Code 1 as differnet
from Item Code 2 etc.

I could obviously get round this by having one row per item ordered but
this makes all other aspects difficult such as total for order etc.

Any Ideas?

Ashley England
Link Ethiopia Treasurer
www.linkethiopia.org