Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting a Spreadsheet with locked cells

I am trying to do something that should be VERY simple, but doesnt work.
I have two columns of data, such as

A B
3 ff
2 aa
9 rr
7 pp

I turn on auto filtering which allows me to filter both columns. Then, I
lock all the cells except the A and B. Then, I lock the worksheet with the
Sort option checked.
Then, while I can still use most of the options in the auto sorts, except
the Sort Ascending and Sort Descending generate a dialog saying I need to
unlock the worksheet. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

No
It can't happen as by sorting you are trying to change the data in the
locked area which is irrelevent to the meaning of locking. I tried, looks
like that's it... Are you trying locking for others to not to use your
file?.. try setting up access password and make it default read only save for
the file... your file will never be changed

ciao