Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can't figure this out!!!

Hi! I am a novice Exel user. I am trying to create a list of items. I want
each line to have three boxes. If box a is checked then the information
entered on this line would be copyed from MAIN SHEET to SHEET A. If box B is
checked, then the information on that line would be copyed from MAIN SHEET to
SHEET B.
Example of what MAIN SHEET would look like:

Item Sheets
A B C
Closet doors -flat panel X
Ext.Light - onsite X

So "closet Doors-Flat Panel" would automatically be copied to a line in
Sheet B because B is checked. If C were checked, then "closet Doors-Flat
Panel" would be copied to sheet C.

What function do I put in those boxes to allow this to happen????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There's no function that would trigger on the basis of whether a box was
checked. You would have to write some custom VBA code for that.

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Tilleyswife" wrote:

Hi! I am a novice Exel user. I am trying to create a list of items. I want
each line to have three boxes. If box a is checked then the information
entered on this line would be copyed from MAIN SHEET to SHEET A. If box B is
checked, then the information on that line would be copyed from MAIN SHEET to
SHEET B.
Example of what MAIN SHEET would look like:

Item Sheets
A B C
Closet doors -flat panel X
Ext.Light - onsite X

So "closet Doors-Flat Panel" would automatically be copied to a line in
Sheet B because B is checked. If C were checked, then "closet Doors-Flat
Panel" would be copied to sheet C.

What function do I put in those boxes to allow this to happen????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tilleyswife,

Multiple sheets with the same data is generally a bad idea, so start your Excel use with good
habits. Only use one sheet, your MAIN sheet. When you want to see the items for "A", then simply
apply autofilters (Select the table, use Data / Autofilter..) and then choose the column with the
"A" at the top to only show items with X, using the drop down.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Tilleyswife" wrote in message
Hi! I am a novice Exel user. I am trying to create a list of items. I want
each line to have three boxes. If box a is checked then the information
entered on this line would be copyed from MAIN SHEET to SHEET A. If box B is
checked, then the information on that line would be copyed from MAIN SHEET to
SHEET B.
Example of what MAIN SHEET would look like:

Item Sheets
A B C
Closet doors -flat panel X
Ext.Light - onsite X

So "closet Doors-Flat Panel" would automatically be copied to a line in
Sheet B because B is checked. If C were checked, then "closet Doors-Flat
Panel" would be copied to sheet C.

What function do I put in those boxes to allow this to happen????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or, just use one column and enter there the A/B/C designation, rather than an
X. Then, instead of filtering on different columns, just filter the single
column on the letter you want to use.