Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default looking for auditor tickmarks to add to excel toolbar

I have been told that I can add a tickmark toolbar to excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you give a bit more detail on what you want, a toolbar button that adds
a tickmark to the activecell, a tickmark alongside the menu item, a tick
toolbar button, et al?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"d smith" <d wrote in message
I have been told that I can add a tickmark toolbar to excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It would look like a standard toolbar with button with "Pictures" of items
that would represent standard auditor tickmarks such as: GL, TB, traced to,
vouched to, etc. I could insert an extra column on my work papers and insert
the appropriate tickmark from the toolbar to represent the work done on the
particular data next to the tickmark

"d smith" <d wrote in message
I have been told that I can add a tickmark toolbar to excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I found this macro set on the internet. It is old, and points the code to
the wrong files, etc. I was able to fix that issue, so that I could use it
temporarily. It is not a perfect answer, but it works. I would rather be
inserting a number/figure/ etc. that pasting a picture. The pictures realy
don't print in black and white very well.

http://www.cbi.msstate.edu/cobi/sac/tickmarks.html

"d smith" <d wrote in message
I have been told that I can add a tickmark toolbar to excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about double-clicking a cell to add or remove a tick-mark?

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit

With Target
If .Value = "a" Then
.Value = ""
Else