Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how many times a specific value is in a range...?

Hi,

I have a sheet that has several columns that contain numbers, yeses, no's
and N/A's.

I need formulas to count how many times a specific value in one column. For
example, how many times does the number 9 show up in column G, rows 8-516.
BUT...instead of giving me the count, I need a percentage. G519 has a count
of everything in G8-G516. So really, what percent of everything in G8-G516
are 9's.

From there I can copy the formula and edit as need to find out the
percentage of yeses, no's etc.

Thanks!!

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dan

For the percentage of 9's

=COUNTIF(G8:G516,9)/COUNTA(G8:G516)

With the Count of all in G19 I guess

=COUNTIF(G8:G516)/G519 will suffice.

Format to Percent.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:08:18 -0700, "Dan B" wrote:

Hi,

I have a sheet that has several columns that contain numbers, yeses, no's
and N/A's.

I need formulas to count how many times a specific value in one column. For
example, how many times does the number 9 show up in column G, rows 8-516.
BUT...instead of giving me the count, I need a percentage. G519 has a count
of everything in G8-G516. So really, what percent of everything in G8-G516
are 9's.

From there I can copy the formula and edit as need to find out the
percentage of yeses, no's etc.

Thanks!!

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perfect!!! That was exactly what I needed.

[...]

From there I can copy the formula and edit as need to find out the
percentage of yeses, no's etc.

Thanks!!

Dan