Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Igottabeme

Default Formula for determining if two date columns fall within specific date range

Let's say I have thousands of employees, but I need to determine who
worked for me during a particular date range, and all I have to go on
is their start date in one column and their end date in another
column.

If:

A1 contains beginning date of employment
B1 contains ending date of employment
C1 contains specified beginning date (criteria)
D1 contains specified ending date (criteria)

is there a formula to help make this determination?

--
Igottabeme
Igottabeme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33699

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

What if the employees start date is before the specified start date and the
employees end date is within the specified date range (or vice versa)? Does
that count ?

Biff

"Igottabeme" wrote
in message ...

Let's say I have thousands of employees, but I need to determine who
worked for me during a particular date range, and all I have to go on
is their start date in one column and their end date in another
column.

If:

A1 contains beginning date of employment
B1 contains ending date of employment
C1 contains specified beginning date (criteria)
D1 contains specified ending date (criteria)

is there a formula to help make this determination?

--
Igottabeme
Igottabeme's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534764

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

If this were me, I would create a helper column with the formula:

=if(or(and($c$1a1,$c$1<b1),and($d$1a1,$d$1<b1)), true,false)

The filter the True's.

I haven't tested the formula, so it may need some tweaking, but hopefully you
get the idea.

Fred

"Igottabeme" wrote in
message ...