Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP with a non-numerical columindex number

Hello, I'm trying to write a vlookup that is refrencing a letter for the
column index number instead of a numerical value. I keep getting the "#REF"
error when I try to do so. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd really appricate
any help I could get.
-Ian