pj

Default formula calculator for PC vs. mac

I'd like to insert the "formual calculator" onto my excel (2002) spreadsheet
toolbar. My son already has one on his mac toolbar that easily calculates
formulas when you click on the cell you want the formula in. Do I need anothe
version of excel to be able to do this, or does mac again, with more
functions in their program than pc's do?
--
pj
Biff

Hi!

In Excel versions 2002 and up, there is a feature called
Evaluate Formula.

ToolsFormula AuditingEvaluate Formula.

This opens a dialog and will step through a formula and
show you exactly how the formula calculates. This is a
very powerful tool and really makes things easier to
understand especially when you have complex formulas.

This feature has a button you can add to a toolbar.

Right click any toolbar.
Select Customize.
Commands tab.
Select Tools under Categories.
In the Commands list scroll all the way down.
Click on the icon and drag to any toolbar.

Biff

pj

Thanks for the assistance, but maybe I didn't pose the question correctly. I
am looking at my son's mac, (windows version of excel, 2004)it has a
"calculator" in the formula toolbar. It isn't your normal calculator. When
you click on this calculator, it brings up a a formula calculator. Simple
example just to let you know how it works: put in 5 on one cell, drop down,
put in a 5 on the cell below it. Then go to the cell below that, and click on
the calculator. You can simply highlight each of the 2 cells that have the
5's in them and then use the + symbol on the calculator, then when you select
= on the calculator, it puts the total in the 3rd cell - and at the same
time, it automatically inserts the formula for adding the 2 cells. You can be
simple with this tool, or you can get complicated. You can tell the
calculator to add, subtract, multiply, divide, figure percentage, (or any
function the calculator offers) and just by highlighting the cell(s) you
want, and selecting the function you want on the calcultor. No having to
manually type in formulas, it does it for you! Is this just a mac thing?
Cannot seem to find any such thing on my PC excel version.

.