Biff

Hi!

In Excel versions 2002 and up, there is a feature called
Evaluate Formula.

ToolsFormula AuditingEvaluate Formula.

This opens a dialog and will step through a formula and
show you exactly how the formula calculates. This is a
very powerful tool and really makes things easier to
understand especially when you have complex formulas.

This feature has a button you can add to a toolbar.

Right click any toolbar.
Select Customize.
Commands tab.
Select Tools under Categories.
In the Commands list scroll all the way down.
Click on the icon and drag to any toolbar.

Biff