Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP weirdness

Hi all,
I've got a bit of a problem involving VLOOKUP on a spreadsheet I'm
designing. I have a VLOOKUP formula in a particular cell (which works) that
I want to change the array to absolute addressing. If I alter this, I've
found that the formula just sits there in the cell doing nothing. This
occurs whatever I do to change the formula, in fact even if I just highlight
it for editing!
I'm completely baffled about this, as this happens at work (Excel 2000) and
at home with Office 2003. A colleague also has this same fault at work - has
anyone got a clue what's wrong?

TIA

Regards

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you writing that the formula doesn't recalculate or that you see the formula
in the cell instead of the results?

I'd make sure calculation is set to automatic:
tools|Option|calculation tab

or that the cell is formatted as General (or anything but Text)
Format|cells|Number tab
And then hit F2 followed by enter to re-enter that formula.

--

Dave Peterson