Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Dave is offline

Default VLOOKUP weirdness

Hi all,
I've got a bit of a problem involving VLOOKUP on a spreadsheet I'm
designing. I have a VLOOKUP formula in a particular cell (which works) that
I want to change the array to absolute addressing. If I alter this, I've
found that the formula just sits there in the cell doing nothing. This
occurs whatever I do to change the formula, in fact even if I just highlight
it for editing!
I'm completely baffled about this, as this happens at work (Excel 2000) and
at home with Office 2003. A colleague also has this same fault at work - has
anyone got a clue what's wrong?

TIA

Regards

Dave