Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I set up a default footer that will appear in every spreadshee

Can anyone help me with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try clicking File Page Setup "Header/Footer" tab Custom Footer
(Options are there)
--
Max
Singapore
"ianatmerri" wrote:
Can anyone help me with this?

Can I set up a default footer that will appear in every spreadsheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.
Note: you can set all sheet footers at the same time by "grouping" the sheets.
Right-click on a sheet tab and "select all sheets". Set up a footer on the
active sheet and will be done to all. Ungroup when setup is complete.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew

Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:51:01 -0800, ianatmerri
wrote:

Can anyone help me with this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Sorry, think I misread earlier. Pl dismiss my response.
See Gord's response ..
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I set up a default footer that will appear in every spread

That addresses part of my issue, but I want the footer to appear on sheets as
a user adds them. I did as you suggested, and opened a new workbook, using
the template, and there were 3 tabs, as I expected. But when I use "insert
new sheet" the footer is not there. Is the only way (to bring the footer
along to each new sheet) to copy one of the sheets? We are trying to push a
standard footer out to all users, and it would be great if the footer
appeared on inserted sheets as well as copied ones! Thanks,

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

wrote:

Can anyone help me with this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you also create a SHEET.XLT as instructed?

That will be the default InsertWorksheet.

Re-read my post. Specifically.....

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

wrote: