Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Error 1324 during installation of addtional components

Hello,

I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional. When I am using Excel, I
want to use the addin. However, when Excel tries to install the necessary
components, the following error is encountered:

Error 1324. The folder path '?--[[-|' contains an invalid character.

Then the installation stops and nothing is installed.

How do I rectify this problem?

Thanks.

Herbert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried to use networkdays, and it's in analysis toolpak or something.

"Dave Peterson" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
What's the name of the addin?

Herbert Chan wrote:

Hello,

I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional. When I am using

Excel, I
want to use the addin. However, when Excel tries to install the

necessary
components, the following error is encountered:

Error 1324. The folder path '?--[[-|' contains an invalid character.

Then the installation stops and nothing is installed.

How do I rectify this problem?

Thanks.

Herbert

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have tried installing it through Add/Remove Programs at control panel as
well and I encounter the same problem.

"Dave Peterson" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...

Herbert Chan wrote:

I tried to use networkdays, and it's in analysis toolpak or something.

"Dave Peterson" |b?l¢Do
?????g...
What's the name of the addin?

Herbert Chan wrote:

Hello,

I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional. When I am using

Excel, I
want to use the addin. However, when Excel tries to install the

necessary
components, the following error is encountered:

Error 1324. The folder path '?--[[-|' contains an invalid

character.

Then the installation stops and nothing is installed.

How do I rectify this problem?

Thanks.

Herbert

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you turn it off and try turning it back on under tools|addins, do you get any
error message.

If you turn it off and leave it off, then close and reopen excel, do you get the
same error.

Maybe it's not the Analysis toolpak.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp