Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I stop csv files converting 19-05-53 to 19/05/1953

We save all our stock numbers in a custom format (00-00-00)

We need it in this format to use with our software which imports csv files &
reads the stock number.

When I save the spreadsheet as a csv file it converts 19-05-53 to 19/05/1953

Is there anyway to stop this?

Many Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rename the file a .txt file. You'll get a wizard when importing. That enables you to define the field type.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Steve" wrote in message ...
| We save all our stock numbers in a custom format (00-00-00)
|
| We need it in this format to use with our software which imports csv files &
| reads the stock number.
|
| When I save the spreadsheet as a csv file it converts 19-05-53 to 19/05/1953
|
| Is there anyway to stop this?
|
| Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you'll find that it has saved it as 19-05-53 in the csv file (read
it with something like Notepad to see), but the problem occurs if you let
Excel open the csv file. If you merely want the csv file for some other
application to use, you should be OK. If you want to read it back into
Excel, then follow the suggestion to name the file as txt, not csv.
--
David Biddulph

&