Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting

Hello,

Can you copy conditional formatting down a column, and have it change the
cell references like it does with regular formulas?

Cell P2 changes formatting depending on the value of cell I2; Cell P3
changes formatting depending on the value of cell I3; etc.

I set up the conditional formatting in P2, and when I copy the formatting
down the column, the cell reference doesn't change from I2 to I3, I4, etc.
It stays I2.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What did you use in your formula? i2 or $i$2 or i$2 or $i2

Make sure you didn't use $i$2 or i$2.

and you can select P2:P(whatever) and apply the conditional formatting all at
once. But still use the relative reference (i2).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes

When you enter the CFFormula is: make sure Excel doesn't help by placing $ sign
in the row reference.

You will have to edit out the $ sign if you point to the cell when adding the
CFFormula is:

If typed, you have control.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP