Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Yes

When you enter the CFFormula is: make sure Excel doesn't help by placing $ sign
in the row reference.

You will have to edit out the $ sign if you point to the cell when adding the
CFFormula is:

If typed, you have control.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:31:02 -0700, Rosemary
wrote:

Hello,

Can you copy conditional formatting down a column, and have it change the
cell references like it does with regular formulas?

Cell P2 changes formatting depending on the value of cell I2; Cell P3
changes formatting depending on the value of cell I3; etc.

I set up the conditional formatting in P2, and when I copy the formatting
down the column, the cell reference doesn't change from I2 to I3, I4, etc.
It stays I2.

Thanks,