Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default find last value in list

I am trying to find the last entered value in a list of basic weight data. I
enter new numeric values to the list on a daily basis, but would like to
always show the last entered value in another cell also.
Please help !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Could the following be your solution :

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...8 90840b7e454

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thx Carim,
That doesn't seem to help or work, after trying those formulas,
I didn't give enough info though, the list also contains zero values, that I
want to exclude
from my result, e.g.
0
300
250
350
375
0
0
would always return 375, as the last value in the list (which will also
always be positive)
it is also the value I need, not the position.

Regards,

IvanM

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

Could the following be your solution :

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...8 90840b7e454

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could Max() function help ...

=Max(A2:A100)

Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With an array function :

=INDEX(A1:A10,MAX((A1:A100)*(ROW(A1:A10)))-ROW(A1:A10)+1)

Control+Shift+Enter instead of Enter to accept formula

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the assistance Carim, but Max will only give me the largest value
if I remember correctly.

Thanks also to Bob, I changed the "" to 0, which ignored all the zero values
in my list, and it worked !
Thanks again, truly appreciated.

"IvanM" wrote in message
I am trying to find the last entered value in a list of basic weight data.

enter new numeric values to the list on a daily basis, but would like to
always show the last entered value in another cell also.
Please help !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

In case you are interested, I have started my own thread (LOOKUP) based on this. I have discovered something interesting but quite lost.

By the way, thank you for explaining global naming.

Epinn