Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
merrimop

Default formula to find the data of a next cell in a list

The Workbook has 2 sheets. On Sheet 1, Column A is a list of Warehouse
locations, (1A1A is in Cell A3, 1A1B is in Cell A4, 1A1C is in Cell A5 and so
on). On Sheet 2 I am setting up Lable Location Templates which span Cells
A1:K35, with A1 containing the text of Sheet1!A3 (i.e. 1A1A)
I want Sheet2!A36 to display the data from Sheet1!A4 (i.e. 1A1B) and for
each copy down the page to do likewise. I was hoping there was some kind of
NEXT type formula for finding a value in a list and then returning the next
value from said list. The only other alternative I can see is hlookup but I
might as well type in all the values as I would have to change the row value
in the formula each time for this to function correctly. Any help is
appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

In Sheet2,

Put instead in A1:
=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A"&INT((ROW(A1)-1)/35)+3)
Copy down as far as required

The above will place the contents of: Sheet1!A3 within A1:A35
then: Sheet1!A4 within A36:A70
then: Sheet1!A4 within A71:A105
and so on ..

--
Max
Singapore
"merrimop" wrote:
The Workbook has 2 sheets. On Sheet 1, Column A is a list of Warehouse
locations, (1A1A is in Cell A3, 1A1B is in Cell A4, 1A1C is in Cell A5 and so
on). On Sheet 2 I am setting up Lable Location Templates which span Cells
A1:K35, with A1 containing the text of Sheet1!A3 (i.e. 1A1A)
I want Sheet2!A36 to display the data from Sheet1!A4 (i.e. 1A1B) and for
each copy down the page to do likewise. I was hoping there was some kind of
NEXT type formula for finding a value in a list and then returning the next
value from said list. The only other alternative I can see is hlookup but I
might as well type in all the values as I would have to change the row value
in the formula each time for this to function correctly. Any help is
appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Typo in line: