Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cut / Copy Paste to F2 Cell for MS Excel 2007

Dear Sir,

I have an opportunity to use MS Excel 2003 extensively at my work place
recently.

Previously I was using Corel Quattro Pro Spreadsheet.

I discover that MS Excel 2003 is unable to paste a cut or copied content
from another worksheet to a cell that has some data in it.

Take for example, cell B2 has this data : Please remember to send him the
product ID :

I am unable to copy the code X61H4135P512Q6133P from another worksheet and
paste to cell B2 as a continuation of the sentence after striking the F2 .

I would like to suggest this function be added to MS Excel 2007 as manually
key in the data all over again is time consuming and frequently subjected to
human error.

Kind Regards

Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It appears you are trying to append a cell with the contents of a cell.
Instead, try this.

Highlight the actual code X61H4135P512Q6133P (not the cell but the
contents of the cell), then press Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard.
Now go to cell B2, hit F2 and Ctrl-V to append the code.

- John
www.johnmichl.com/exceltips.htm

Mr. Low wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello John,

I tried you method, It works very well, even with ordinary copr/ cut and
paste operation. The important thing is to highlight the content of the cell
after F2 key and copy / cut and paste another cell after F2. It wound not
work by cut/copy the entire cell without F2

Many Thanks for your tip.

Kind Regards

Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia