Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default what formula do I use to make a color in another field

How can I make the 2 cells answer to my formula, make another non-related
field change color to reflect the color-coded answer? i.e. cells: a1+b1=c1,
but I want the color in d1 to be the color to reflect the answer in c1; red,
yellow or green.

I know to put the formula in c1 to: =sum(a1+b1).....this is not, of course
doing anything for me in d1....Any Ideas???

Another issue, non-related: how can I get info from a single cell, in a huge
workbook page, from a multi-page workbook, into my current sheet? i.e. cell
a1 needs the info from another workbook cell a1, page 17, of multiple pages
type workbook, into new page cell r5?

Sorry in advance for the amount of text here.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

- You can use 'conditional formating' (format....conditional formatting) on
the cells you want to change color. You can look at the results of a totally
different cell and have your cell change color as a result. Experiment with
that feature.

- Double left click on the blank cell you need to put the cell info in and
type = then before hitting enter. Then go to the cell that has the data that
you require and left click in that cell and then hit enter. The cell that
you need the data put into will have a formula that points to the sheet and
cell where you need the info from.

"Champ" wrote:

How can I make the 2 cells answer to my formula, make another non-related
field change color to reflect the color-coded answer? i.e. cells: a1+b1=c1,
but I want the color in d1 to be the color to reflect the answer in c1; red,
yellow or green.

I know to put the formula in c1 to: =sum(a1+b1).....this is not, of course
doing anything for me in d1....Any Ideas???

Another issue, non-related: how can I get info from a single cell, in a huge
workbook page, from a multi-page workbook, into my current sheet? i.e. cell
a1 needs the info from another workbook cell a1, page 17, of multiple pages
type workbook, into new page cell r5?

Sorry in advance for the amount of text here.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tim,

I had gone to lunch and since I have been back, I have tried this, to no
avail.

Let me be more specific:
I have and equation that is in cell r26 as follows: =sum(h26-t26)
this goes into cell r26 and is displayed either black or red, depending on
if positive or a negative number.
I have tried to put an equal sign in cell v26, then hit the cells: r26 and
t26 to make the cell v26 turn color, to represent the positive or negative
number in cell r26.
This is after using conditional format for the cell v26.
I feel kind of dumb, because every combination of equations that I use,
still does not give me the color to equation answer that I need.
My cell segregation is the problem, I think. Since I have no information in
cell v26, I have nothing to reference the color to follow..??

Thank you again,
Champ