Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

When I have entered data in a few seperate fields, I want to make a green
color appear in another field so that my employees know that they filled the
other boxes in correctly and they can proceed with thier reservation form. I
have seen this before on other forms, but not sure how to make it work for
me. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It all depends on how many fields you have to fill in and what conditions
they must meet. For the cell you want to turn green you would go 'format'
.....'conditional formatting' You would then have to determine what
conditions have to be met in the cells that have had data entered into them.

"Linds" wrote:

When I have entered data in a few seperate fields, I want to make a green
color appear in another field so that my employees know that they filled the
other boxes in correctly and they can proceed with thier reservation form. I
have seen this before on other forms, but not sure how to make it work for
me. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Linds

Use Conditional Formatting.

Assume you enter data in A1 and want B1 to turn green if A1 is correct.

Select B1 and FormatCFFormula is:

=$A$1="qwerty" or =$A$1=123

Pick a color from FormatPatterns and OK your way out.

To do several of these at a time, select multi-cells then Formula is:

=A1="qwerty"

Note the absence of the $ signs in second scenario.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP