Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I make a formula to have the color change in a field?

Linds

Use Conditional Formatting.

Assume you enter data in A1 and want B1 to turn green if A1 is correct.

Select B1 and FormatCFFormula is:

=$A$1="qwerty" or =$A$1=123

Pick a color from FormatPatterns and OK your way out.

To do several of these at a time, select multi-cells then Formula is:

=A1="qwerty"

Note the absence of the $ signs in second scenario.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:53:01 -0700, Linds
wrote:

When I have entered data in a few seperate fields, I want to make a green
color appear in another field so that my employees know that they filled the
other boxes in correctly and they can proceed with thier reservation form. I
have seen this before on other forms, but not sure how to make it work for
me. Thanks!