Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do you convert decimal in to numbers

I HAVE CREATED MY OWN SIMPLE TIME SHEET EVERY WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY SUCH AS
THIS: BUT WHEN I ADD THE TOTAL HOURS WORKED I AM NOT ABLE TO GET THE ANSWER,
PLEASE HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO???

IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL HRS
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No need to SHOUT !!

Excel stores time as fractions of a 24-hour day, so what might look
like 12:00 is actually stored internally by Excel as 0.5. Thus you will
need to multiply by 24 to convert the time differences into decimal
hours.

Assuming your data as shown in the example occupies columns A to E, you
can try this formula in E2:

=(B2 - A2 + D2 - C2) * 24

and format the cell as number with 2 decimal places. You should be
aware that 8.25, for example, will represent 8 hours and 15 minutes.

You can copy the formula down to give you a total for each line of data
that you have.

Hope this helps.

Pete

RICK wrote:
I HAVE CREATED MY OWN SIMPLE TIME SHEET EVERY WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY SUCH AS
THIS: BUT WHEN I ADD THE TOTAL HOURS WORKED I AM NOT ABLE TO GET THE ANSWER,
PLEASE HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO???

IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL HRS
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sum the column for 5 days that is sum all the 10:30 in your example and then
multiply that by 24 and format it as number
In this example you would see 52.50 hours worked for the week

"RICK" wrote:

I HAVE CREATED MY OWN SIMPLE TIME SHEET EVERY WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY SUCH AS
THIS: BUT WHEN I ADD THE TOTAL HOURS WORKED I AM NOT ABLE TO GET THE ANSWER,
PLEASE HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO???

IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL HRS
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by this
(replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) is this
for me, if yes, how to do it.

"RICK" wrote in message
I HAVE CREATED MY OWN SIMPLE TIME SHEET EVERY WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY SUCH

AS
THIS: BUT WHEN I ADD THE TOTAL HOURS WORKED I AM NOT ABLE TO GET THE

ANSWER,
PLEASE HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO???

IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL HRS
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30