Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rick is offline

Default How do you convert decimal in to numbers

GREAT, MANY MANY THANKS

"Pete_UK" wrote:

No need to SHOUT !!

Excel stores time as fractions of a 24-hour day, so what might look
like 12:00 is actually stored internally by Excel as 0.5. Thus you will
need to multiply by 24 to convert the time differences into decimal
hours.

Assuming your data as shown in the example occupies columns A to E, you
can try this formula in E2:

=(B2 - A2 + D2 - C2) * 24

and format the cell as number with 2 decimal places. You should be
aware that 8.25, for example, will represent 8 hours and 15 minutes.

You can copy the formula down to give you a total for each line of data
that you have.

Hope this helps.

Pete

RICK wrote:
I HAVE CREATED MY OWN SIMPLE TIME SHEET EVERY WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY SUCH AS
THIS: BUT WHEN I ADD THE TOTAL HOURS WORKED I AM NOT ABLE TO GET THE ANSWER,
PLEASE HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO???

IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL HRS
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30
IN OUT IN OUT