Kcurtis

Default Auto update entire columns / rows???

I have a list of names in a specific worksheet using the list manager. I
want to have the same list in another worksheet with out having to copy and
paste each entry. Can I have two columns of information in seperate
worksheets that auto update each other. For example if I have List A and B
with Bill, Bob and Joe already in them and I add the name Frank to List A can
I have Excel add Frank's name to its List B as well with out me having to do
any extra work each time??? What funtions or formulas would I be using?

List A List B
Bill Bill
Bob Bob
Joe Joe
Frank -- ( Frank?)

IC

Assuming list a starts at A1 on Sheet 1 and list B in Sheet 2 A1.

In A1 Sheet 2 type =Sheet1!A1 then copy down the column.

List A will now update list B.

Ian

"Kcurtis" wrote in message
I have a list of names in a specific worksheet using the list manager. I
want to have the same list in another worksheet with out having to copy
and
paste each entry. Can I have two columns of information in seperate
worksheets that auto update each other. For example if I have List A and
with Bill, Bob and Joe already in them and I add the name Frank to List A
can
I have Excel add Frank's name to its List B as well with out me having to
do
any extra work each time??? What funtions or formulas would I be using?

List A List B
Bill Bill
Bob Bob
Joe Joe
Frank -- ( Frank?)

kpcurt0

Thank you very much for your help. Will this work if I am using the list
manager/wizard? This formual only works in a single cell, so how do I make
it work for an entire column in a list. I need it to ignore row1 in both
sheets because it holds the titles to my lists. I have tried telling it to
repete the formula (as it relates to its relative cell names)down the column,
but I then I have to determin a starting and stopping point, and I need it to
work for the entire column no matter how many cells their are (except the
first cell A,1the title of the list for column A) Thanks again!
IC

I'm not familiar with list manager/wizard.

As I said before, copy the formula down the column as far as you need. To do
this, select the cell with the formula in and copy it (Ctrl-C). Select the
cells you want to copy to, then paste (Ctrl-V).

As you want to ignore row 1, enter the formula in A2 referencing Sheet1!A2.
This assumes the lists are both in column A, but they could be anywhere, not
necessarily the same column or row on both sheets.

Ian