Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF across multiple worksheets

I am collating a summary stock movement which using the sumif function i.e
SUMIF Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)

Is there a way to shorten the formula as I have presently 40 sheets for one
week which is causing me problems space wise (and hurts the eyes when looking
at the formula) as the a5 is a rolling cell and there are 945 varying cells
in the summary worsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:57:01 -0700, triffidbook
wrote:

I am collating a summary stock movement which using the sumif function i.e
SUMIF Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)

Is there a way to shorten the formula as I have presently 40 sheets for one
week which is causing me problems space wise (and hurts the eyes when looking
at the formula) as the a5 is a rolling cell and there are 945 varying cells
in the summary worsheet.

It's not immediately clear what you're trying to achieve. The Sum If
formula seems about as short as it could be and can't be shortened
much more other than taking out the $s.

Are you trying to sum data for one week ( and hence 40 sheets)

What do you mean by A5 being a rolling cell?

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes I'm trying to sum multiple sheets that can contain similar information.

By a rolling cell - Product abc is a5, product def is a6 etc ...I hope this
clarifies it.

So I've been using SUMIF
(Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)+sumif(sheet2!b$1:b $500,a5,sheet2!a$1:a$500).....etc

wrote:

I am collating a summary stock movement which using the sumif function i.e
SUMIF Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)

Is there a way to shorten the formula as I have presently 40 sheets for one
week which is causing me problems space wise (and hurts the eyes when looking
at the formula) as the a5 is a rolling cell and there are 945 varying cells
in the summary worsheet.

It's not immediately clear what you're trying to achieve. The Sum If
formula seems about as short as it could be and can't be shortened
much more other than taking out the $s.

Are you trying to sum data for one week ( and hence 40 sheets)

What do you mean by A5 being a rolling cell?

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why not have the sumif at the top of each sheet, then just have the
summary sheet sum across the sheet range

e.g.

Sum(Sheet1:Sheet40!A5)

Rgds

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The 'master' stock list is on the summary page and I am attempting to pick up
each seperate sheet which contains any of the master items then give me a
total amount across all the sheets. To get by I have done the
=sumif(Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)+sumif(sheet2 !b$1:b$500,a5,sheet2!a$1:a$500).....etc
but for the 40 sheets the formula is too long to fit in. If you can advise
on this it would make things much easier.

Cheers

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the sheets are actually named Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc, try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("1 :40"))&"!B1:B500"),A5,I
NDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:40"))&"!A1:A500")) )

If the sheets are named differently, list the sheet names in a range of
cells, let's say D5:D44, then try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&$D$5:$D$44&"'!B1:B5 00"),A5,INDIRECT("'"&$D
$5:$D$44&"'!A1:A500")))

If you download and install the free add-in Morefunc.xll, you can use...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(THREED('Sheet1:Sheet40'!$B$1:$B$500)=A5),THREED(' Sheet1:Sh
eet40'!$A$1:$A$500))

The add-in can be downloaded at the following link...

http://xcell05.free.fr/

Hope this helps!

In article ,
triffidbook wrote:

The 'master' stock list is on the summary page and I am attempting to pick up
each seperate sheet which contains any of the master items then give me a
total amount across all the sheets. To get by I have done the
=sumif(Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)+sumif(sheet2 !b$1:b$500,a5,sheet2!a$1:a$5
00).....etc
but for the 40 sheets the formula is too long to fit in. If you can advise
on this it would make things much easier.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Range("A5").Select
Range("A4:D1594").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy,
CriteriaRange:=Range( _
"A1:A2"), CopyToRange:=Range("F4:I28"), Unique:=False

If I include LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row it gives the same
result as before. What am I doing wrong please?

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

chrismmatheson wrote:

Hey Domenic,

I'm trying to do this same thing and used your sumproduct function with
sheets named differently. But it's only returning the first item in the
list (in your example range D5:D44). Any idea why this might be? Let me
know, thanks.

Chris

Domenic wrote that post ***ELEVEN ****ING YEARS AGO!!!***

On Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at 8:32:40 AM UTC-6, Domenic wrote:

It's *very* unlikely he's still paying attention.

--
I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of the other one...
It wasn't doing what I was doing.