Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
triffidbook triffidbook is offline

Default SUMIF across multiple worksheets

Range("A5").Select
Range("A4:D1594").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy,
CriteriaRange:=Range( _
"A1:A2"), CopyToRange:=Range("F4:I28"), Unique:=False

If I include LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row it gives the same
result as before. What am I doing wrong please?

"triffidbook" wrote:

I have tried this and it works fine on the individual sheets but I get a
#NAME report on the summary sheet!

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

Why not have the sumif at the top of each sheet, then just have the
summary sheet sum across the sheet range

e.g.

Sum(Sheet1:Sheet40!A5)

Rgds

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:26:03 -0700, triffidbook
wrote:

Yes I'm trying to sum multiple sheets that can contain similar information.

By a rolling cell - Product abc is a5, product def is a6 etc ...I hope this
clarifies it.

So I've been using SUMIF
(Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)+sumif(sheet2!b$1: b$500,a5,sheet2!a$1:a$500).....etc

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:57:01 -0700, triffidbook
wrote:

I am collating a summary stock movement which using the sumif function i.e
SUMIF Sheet1!b$1:b$500,a5,a$1:a$500)

Is there a way to shorten the formula as I have presently 40 sheets for one
week which is causing me problems space wise (and hurts the eyes when looking
at the formula) as the a5 is a rolling cell and there are 945 varying cells
in the summary worsheet.

It's not immediately clear what you're trying to achieve. The Sum If
formula seems about as short as it could be and can't be shortened
much more other than taking out the $s.

Are you trying to sum data for one week ( and hence 40 sheets)

What do you mean by A5 being a rolling cell?

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK