Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum Valour From different Columns

Hi,

I need help once again.

I am working with two worksheets in each I have sales valour for differents
segments. Which of them has more ou less 200 rows.

I am to created a thirth worksheet which I will use to consolidate the
valour from the first two.

Example:

Worksheet one Worksheet two
Column 1 Column 2 Column 1
Column 2
Water 10 Paper
01
Paper 15 Water
05
Detergents 05 Water
07
Water 01 Detergents
02

Worksheet Three
Column 1 Column 2
Water 23
Paper 16
Detergents 07

Is it possible?

Thank you very much,

Vanessa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Vanessa,

If i understood what are you looking for use on ws 3:

=sumproduct(--(ws1!a2:a100="water"),(ws2!b2:b1000))+sumproduct(--(ws2!a2:a100="water"),(ws2!b2:b1000))

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Vanessa Simmonds" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SUMIF will do

=SUMIF(ws1!a2:a100,"water",ws2!b2:b1000)+SUMIF(ws2 !a2:a100,"water",ws2!b2:b1
000)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips