Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Default Enable Macros Pop-Up Dialog Box???

Guys and Gals:

To All the guru's out there, I have a burning question.

It is this; "Is there a way or method for disabling the ugly "Enable Macros"
Pop-Up dialog box from showing, but still "Enable Macros" at the start-up of
the application?

If the answer is "Yes", HOW? If it's "No", then, I'll live with it!

I want to keep it clean looking!

Thanks,...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Thanks, Rafeek:

One questions though, would such a change in one workbook affect other excel
applications on a particular machine, or just that one? It appears that this
change would impact all other excel applications as well, correct? I only
need it to be one one application only....

"Jay" wrote:

Guys and Gals:

To All the guru's out there, I have a burning question.

It is this; "Is there a way or method for disabling the ugly "Enable Macros"
Pop-Up dialog box from showing, but still "Enable Macros" at the start-up of
the application?

If the answer is "Yes", HOW? If it's "No", then, I'll live with it!

I want to keep it clean looking!

Thanks,...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jay

If just for your own computer...........................

Check out Help on Digital Signing and the the Self-Cert utility which allows you
to sign your projects on your own computer only.

Self-cert digital signatures are not exportable as are paid-for ones from Thawte
and Versisign.

Go to StartProgramsMicrosoft OfficeOffice Tools and build a selfcert from
there.

When complete and your workbook is open go to VBEditor and ToolsDigital
SignatureChoose.

Select the one you just created and Ok your way out.

Save the workbook and re-open. Click "Yes" when asked about "trusted whatever".

You won't see the macro message again for that workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Jay" wrote:

Guys and Gals:

To All the guru's out there, I have a burning question.

It is this; "Is there a way or method for disabling the ugly "Enable Macros"
Pop-Up dialog box from showing, but still "Enable Macros" at the start-up of
the application?

If the answer is "Yes", HOW? If it's "No", then, I'll live with it!

I want to keep it clean looking!

Thanks,...

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

with excel 2003, you setup macro security level so that when you open an
excel with macro, an popup will be presented to ask whether you want to
enable the macro.

however, with excel 2007, I set macro settings to "disable all macro with
notification" but I didn't get the popup that ask whether I want to enable
the macro when opening excel.

am I missing something?

"Jay" wrote:

Guys and Gals:

To All the guru's out there, I have a burning question.

It is this; "Is there a way or method for disabling the ugly "Enable Macros"
Pop-Up dialog box from showing, but still "Enable Macros" at the start-up of
the application?

If the answer is "Yes", HOW? If it's "No", then, I'll live with it!

I want to keep it clean looking!

Thanks,...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Close that Excel file and reopen it again . then you will find a notification
message just below to toolbar and above the worksheet :

"Security Warning Some active content has been disabled."

Click at "Options..." button and then select the Radio Button of "Enable the
content"

Note: It is a NOTIFICATION MESSAGE...not a POP MESSAGE in Office 2007.

"Jay" wrote:

Guys and Gals:

To All the guru's out there, I have a burning question.

It is this; "Is there a way or method for disabling the ugly "Enable Macros"
Pop-Up dialog box from showing, but still "Enable Macros" at the start-up of
the application?

If the answer is "Yes", HOW? If it's "No", then, I'll live with it!

I want to keep it clean looking!

Thanks,...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hey - so mine used to pop up with the dialogue box, asking me if i wanted to
"enable macros" that were disabled....

..... Now it Does not give me the options. I checked the Macro Security
setting, and it says "disable WITH notification" ... but there is no
notification, and therefore no ability to turn on the Macro.

What's worse, is this is a work PC (and a work file) and so I don't have
Administrative privelages to change the Security setting to low allowing an
"enable with notification" type setting. AHHHH!

Someone help!?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle H View Post
Hey - so mine used to pop up with the dialogue box, asking me if i wanted to
"enable macros" that were disabled....

..... Now it Does not give me the options. I checked the Macro Security
setting, and it says "disable WITH notification" ... but there is no
notification, and therefore no ability to turn on the Macro.

What's worse, is this is a work PC (and a work file) and so I don't have
Administrative privelages to change the Security setting to low allowing an
"enable with notification" type setting. AHHHH!

Someone help!?
You can not send files excel-macros using email because macros in excel not participate sent in email and considered as a virus, so were sent only excel file without macros. You can only send files by copy the data with USB flash disk or with google document or other methods.