Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

Default conditional formula

This may be simple, but the answer eludes me.

I want to enter a formula which is conditional on other cell values in a
range. column A has a list of names, column B has their email. cell c3 has
validation based on the list of names in column A. the formula in cell d3
needs to populate the email for the person selected in C3.

So far i can get a formula to only work for single cells but not a range.
=if(c3=a3,b3,0). I need more than just a3 and b3, i need a3:a12 and b3:b12

anyhelp is appreciated
--
Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

Try this in cell D3:

=IF(C3="","",VLOOKUP(C3,A3:B12,2,0))

Biff

"Dan" wrote in message
This may be simple, but the answer eludes me.

I want to enter a formula which is conditional on other cell values in a
range. column A has a list of names, column B has their email. cell c3
has
validation based on the list of names in column A. the formula in cell d3
needs to populate the email for the person selected in C3.

So far i can get a formula to only work for single cells but not a range.
=if(c3=a3,b3,0). I need more than just a3 and b3, i need a3:a12 and
b3:b12

anyhelp is appreciated
--
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

works like a charm, thanks

i knew it was simple, I am new to the vlook function
--
Dan

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this in cell D3:

=IF(C3="","",VLOOKUP(C3,A3:B12,2,0))

Biff

"Dan" wrote in message
This may be simple, but the answer eludes me.

I want to enter a formula which is conditional on other cell values in a
range. column A has a list of names, column B has their email. cell c3
has
validation based on the list of names in column A. the formula in cell d3
needs to populate the email for the person selected in C3.

So far i can get a formula to only work for single cells but not a range.
=if(c3=a3,b3,0). I need more than just a3 and b3, i need a3:a12 and
b3:b12

anyhelp is appreciated
--
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

Biff

"Dan" wrote in message
works like a charm, thanks

i knew it was simple, I am new to the vlook function
--
Dan

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!