Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MAJOR Worksheet Dilemma

I have a spreadsheet that will end up containing 6 worksheets. In each
worksheet there are sets of questions and hold answers of either a 1, 2, 3,
or NA. I know that I can use a CountIF function to count all the 1's, 2's
and such, but i have to have 4 seperate columns for each. Is there a way to
use an IF function with a Count function to do this easier...such as
IF(G1:G215=1,Count.....) at this point I get lost!! What I am trying to do
is create a PivotChart that will show the differences between the 1, 2, 3,
and NA answers for each of these questions for each worksheet. ANY HELP
WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
--
Sandi Gardner
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you just want

=COUNTIF(G1:G215,1)

then 2,3 etc.

NA can be

=COUNTIF(F1:G215,"NA")

if just that text,

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sandi" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that will end up containing 6 worksheets. In each
worksheet there are sets of questions and hold answers of either a 1, 2,

3,
or NA. I know that I can use a CountIF function to count all the 1's, 2's
and such, but i have to have 4 seperate columns for each. Is there a way

use an IF function with a Count function to do this easier...such as
IF(G1:G215=1,Count.....) at this point I get lost!! What I am trying to

do
is create a PivotChart that will show the differences between the 1, 2, 3,
and NA answers for each of these questions for each worksheet. ANY HELP
WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
--
Sandi Gardner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I did that already, but that gives me having 36 different formuals each in
seperate columns so that my PivotTable would recognize them by the time I am
finished I was trying to avoid that. I was hoping that there would be
something else easier taht I could do.
--
Sandi Gardner

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I think you just want

=COUNTIF(G1:G215,1)

then 2,3 etc.

NA can be

=COUNTIF(F1:G215,"NA")

if just that text,

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sandi" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that will end up containing 6 worksheets. In each
worksheet there are sets of questions and hold answers of either a 1, 2,

3,
or NA. I know that I can use a CountIF function to count all the 1's, 2's
and such, but i have to have 4 seperate columns for each. Is there a way

use an IF function with a Count function to do this easier...such as
IF(G1:G215=1,Count.....) at this point I get lost!! What I am trying to

do
is create a PivotChart that will show the differences between the 1, 2, 3,
and NA answers for each of these questions for each worksheet. ANY HELP
WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
--
Sandi Gardner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can copy them across if the effort is your concern.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sandi" wrote in message
I did that already, but that gives me having 36 different formuals each in
seperate columns so that my PivotTable would recognize them by the time I

am
finished I was trying to avoid that. I was hoping that there would be
something else easier taht I could do.
--
Sandi Gardner

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I think you just want

=COUNTIF(G1:G215,1)

then 2,3 etc.

NA can be

=COUNTIF(F1:G215,"NA")

if just that text,

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sandi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not the effort that I am concerned with, I just didn't want to have a
spreadsheet than spanned across to column CJ. That's how far over it went
when I did it the first time. I was trying to minimize that's all. I guess
since it appears this is the only way, that is what I will stick with.
Thanks so much.
--
Sandi Gardner

"Sandi" wrote in message
I did that already, but that gives me having 36 different formuals each in
seperate columns so that my PivotTable would recognize them by the time I

am
finished I was trying to avoid that. I was hoping that there would be
something else easier taht I could do.
--
Sandi Gardner

"Bob Phillips" wrote: