Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to complete a specific series?

if my series is a2b, a3b, a4b, a5b how do i use excel to fill the rest a6b
a7b and not repeat a2b a3b

thanks
jared
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jared

Try
="a"&ROW(2:2)&"b"
and copy down.
If you want to "fix" the data, copy the resulting column, and
PasteSpecialValues

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jared" wrote in message
if my series is a2b, a3b, a4b, a5b how do i use excel to fill the rest
a6b
a7b and not repeat a2b a3b

thanks
jared

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It works wonderful. But now i have another question:
this information has to be filled out but there are spaces in between:

example: a1 = a2b
a4 = a3b
a7 = a4b

how do i do it now?

and another question:
how do i copy cells a1 a4 a7 and paste it so the gaps still exist but
without copying the blanks cells.

thanks again,

jared