Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Apply multiple Conditional Formats

In Excel 2002, I have a functional conditional format for one cell. When I
attempt to follow what is stated on
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...739141033.aspx and €śselect
the entire range, click Conditional Formatting on the Format menu, and then
click OK€ť the formulas should adjust, but when I do this the copied formulas
are just that a direct copy and not adjusted for the cells. I have also
tried Format Painter with the same results.

Here is an example:
Condition 1 =$C$10/$F$10=1 Format RED and BOLD
Condition 2 =$C$10/$G$10=1 Format BLUE and BOLD

If I do a fill format like I am suppose to the cell that follows SHOULD
contain

Condition 1 =$C$11/$F$11=1 Format RED and BOLD
Condition 2 =$C$11/$G$11=1 Format BLUE and BOLD

but instead it contains the original conditions!!!!!!

Please help me and thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're probably running into problems because you are using aboslute
references in your conditional formatting statements. The cells you copied
the format into are refering to the cells that you copied from.

First go into your conditional formatting statements in the cell you wish to
copy and remove the $ from the cell references ($C$10 would be C10). Then
copy that cell and select the cells you wish to copy the format into. Select
'Paste Special' - 'Formats' from the Edit menu.

--
HTH

JonR