Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to change add-in object from within worksheet module.

Hi all,
I have an add-in with some modules and a few forms in it.
Also I have the worksheet with the module, which has the reference to this add-in.
How can I reach form objects located in add-in from worksheet module code?
Looks like the object in add-in are not visible from this place.
Thanks in advance for help.

Regards
Archidamos
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi all,
I have an add-in with some modules and a few forms in it.
Also I have the worksheet with the module, which has the reference to
this add-in. How can I reach form objects located in add-in from
worksheet module code? Looks like the object in add-in are not
visible from this place. Thanks in advance for help.

Regards
Archidamos

One way is to have your addin create menus at startup so you can access
its functionality at any time. Note that it's necessary to delete any
custom menus at shutdown so as not to modify Excel's TLB file.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

W dniu środa, 10 grudnia 2014 22:40:34 UTC+1 użytkownik GS napisał:

One way is to have your addin create menus at startup so you can access
its functionality at any time. Note that it's necessary to delete any
custom menus at shutdown so as not to modify Excel's TLB file.

Hi Garry, thx for the answer.
I know the "menu way" to run anything by clicking the button.
My problem is different. I need to change for example the label caption which is located on the add-in form.
I hope this picture would explain what do I want:
http://s12.postimg.org/opxcn5a4t/exc.jpg

Regards
Archidamos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

W dniu środa, 10 grudnia 2014 22:40:34 UTC+1 użytkownik GS napisał:

One way is to have your addin create menus at startup so you can
access its functionality at any time. Note that it's necessary to
delete any custom menus at shutdown so as not to modify Excel's TLB
file.

Hi Garry, thx for the answer.
I know the "menu way" to run anything by clicking the button.
My problem is different. I need to change for example the label
caption which is located on the add-in form. I hope this picture
would explain what do I want:
http://s12.postimg.org/opxcn5a4t/exc.jpg

Regards
Archidamos

You have set a reference to the VBA project and so you can only access
what you see listed in Object Explorer. Normally, this does not include
userforms!