Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gwc gwc is offline

Default How to delete ALL cells containing the same data

Here's a portion of my spreadsheet:

Cell Contains
A1 000000001
A2 000000002
A3 000000003
A4 000000003
A5 000000004
A6 000000005
A7 000000006
A8 000000007
A9 000000007
A10 000000008
A11 000000008
A12 000000009

A3 and A4 contain 000000003.
Data/Remove Duplicates deletes all but one cell containing 000000003.
Is there a way to delete ALL cells containing 000000003?

The cells containing the same data will ALWAYS be consecutive.

Note: I don't use VB and I can't use macros.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:59:03 -0800 (PST) schrieb GWC:

Cell Contains
A1 000000001
A2 000000002
A3 000000003
A4 000000003
A5 000000004
A6 000000005
A7 000000006
A8 000000007
A9 000000007
A10 000000008
A11 000000008
A12 000000009

make a helper column with
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1)1
in the first row and copy down. Filter this column for TRUE and delete
the cells. Then sort A to eliminate the blank cells.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2