Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I delete only part of the data in a row of cells?

My column B contains a series of numbers with a space then a part#. All I
want to keep in this row is the part#, I need to get rid of the numbers
before it. Help? Here is an example: Cell B46 contains "205 234457-B22",
cell B47 contains "206 332558-B21", etc...I need to figure out how to
delete 205, 206, etc from these cells as there are thousands of them and I
don't want to do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use a helper column to get the numbers you want, and then copy and
paste (paste special) that column (values only) over the original column.

The formula you could use:
=RIGHT(B47,LEN(B47)-FIND(" ",B47))

However, in your examples, there are two spaces. Not just one. If this
will always be the case, then:
=RIGHT(B47,LEN(B47)-FIND(" ",B47)-1)

HTH,
Paul