Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UDF does not show up in Autocomplete

I wrote a function in VBE using excel 2007, saved the workbook
as .xlam, went through excel options to make it available. It works
fine, but it does not show up in the autocomplete list. That is, when
I type "=" in a cell to get a list of available functions, the UDF is
not there. Any ideas? Also, if I get the autocomplete working, how
do I get it to list the description and the args?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

also,

Excel2007 in:
Click the "Office".
Click "Excel Options".
Select the Add-Ins menu.
Select "Excel Add-ins" in the menu "Manage" (bottom of the window).
Click on "Go".

Note:
When your workbooks use functions from a supplement, and should be
sent to other users, make sure that they also have the supplement.
Otherwise, Formulas placed in the spreadsheet will no longer operational
and will return an error value # NAME?.

isabelle

Le 2013-02-20 21:50, isabelle a écrit :
hi,

enjoy reading this,

isabelle

Le 2013-02-20 12:06, Dom a écrit :
I wrote a function in VBE using excel 2007, saved the workbook
as .xlam, went through excel options to make it available. It works
fine, but it does not show up in the autocomplete list. That is, when
I type "=" in a cell to get a list of available functions, the UDF is
not there. Any ideas? Also, if I get the autocomplete working, how
do I get it to list the description and the args?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Feb 20, 9:55*pm, isabelle wrote:
also,

Excel2007 in:
* *Click the "Office".
* *Click "Excel Options".
* *Select the Add-Ins menu.
* *Select "Excel Add-ins" in the menu "Manage" (bottom of the window)..
* *Click on "Go".

Note:
* *When your workbooks use functions from a supplement, and should be
sent to other users, make sure that they also have the supplement.
Otherwise, Formulas placed in the spreadsheet will no longer operational
and will return an error value # NAME?.

isabelle

Le 2013-02-20 21:50, isabelle a écrit :

hi,

enjoy reading this,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...tom-functions-...

isabelle

Le 2013-02-20 12:06, Dom a écrit :
I wrote a function in VBE using excel 2007, saved the workbook
as .xlam, went through excel options to make it available. *It works
fine, but it does not show up in the autocomplete list. *That is, when
I type "=" in a cell to get a list of available functions, the *UDF is
not there. *Any ideas? *Also, if I get the autocomplete working, how
do I get it to list the description and the args?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Isabelle, but neither post really solved my problem. I
already have the function on demand in my spreadsheets. Everything
works, but it does not pop up in my autocomplete list. I would like
to see it there, along with a brief description and the arguments,
because I know I will forget it otherwise. Oddly it does show up in
the function list when I hit the "fx" button.

Dom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Dom,

i think this is only possible on the vba editor
http://cjoint.com/?CBvupnin0cd

isabelle

Autocomplete TiMe25 Excel Programming 1 March 14th 10 12:55 AM
AutoComplete Nimish Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 21st 06 12:28 AM
VBA Autocomplete [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 11th 06 05:01 PM
autocomplete Dantz Excel Programming 2 October 6th 05 04:21 AM
autocomplete? Gary Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 19th 05 01:08 AM